Current City: Buffalo, NY
Hometown: Lockport, NY
Hi Carrie! Welcome to The Boss Diary! So glad you’re here. Tell me all about how you started as a Style Blogger.
I’ve always loved fashion and clothes and have been obsessed with fashion magazines since I was little. A lot of my friends suggested I start a blog so people can see what I wear and where I buy my clothes. I loved the idea because I also miss writing (I was a journalism major in college) so I took a chance!
I love that you also go by The Buffalo Blonde! How did that name come about, and what exactly does that title represent?
It actually was fairly easy for me to come up with but thought it would be difficult at first! I wanted to incorporate my city into the name and I’ve always had blonde hair and will always have blonde hair so it just kind of fit – fairly simple! It was important to me to use Buffalo in the name because this is my home and always will be – no matter where I travel!
What has been your favorite blogger event so far?
I loved being a part of the Buffalo State runway a couple of years ago. It was fun to watch the show and be able to blog about it and also share on my social media.
Everyone has a purpose, and it’s so refreshing to find women who are truly living out their dreams.. How would you define your own purpose?
I think my purpose here is to be an amazing friend, the best aunt and someone who is a strong and independent woman who helps and inspires others.
Who are some of your favorite business women or entrepreneurs that you look up to?
I’d have to say Beyonce, Sara Blakely and Bethenny Frankel.
Tell me one thing that most people may not know about you.
I was really into horseback riding growing up and competed locally in shows throughout middle school and high school. I miss it and would definitely love to get back to it!
Name one thing that your hometown city is known for that some people may not know.
I’d say the Erie Canal and Locks are what Lockport is most known for!
What would the “16-year old you,” say to you today?
I would like to think my 16 year old self would be impressed with the job I have and that I bought my own house! But I think she would say to never stop having fun and always keep laughing.
- Summer activity: Going to the beach! The drive-in is so much fun too!
- Restaurant in your neighborhood: Amici Ristorante and Lombardo
- Podcast: I wish I listened to them enough to have a fave!
- Lipstick: I’m a gloss girl all the way – my current fave is L’oreal Infallible Lip Gloss in Bloom
- Color: Pink & Black
- Social Media App: Instagram
- Disney movie: So hard to narrow down – Probably The Little Mermaid and Monsters, Inc.
- If you won $20 million dollars in the lottery, what would you do with that money? Pay off my bills and my house, take care of my family and travel to every country and city on my list immediately!
- How would you describe your best friend in 3 words? Funny, loyal & caring
- What is the last good book that you’ve read? Brain on Fire
- What is the best concert that you’ve been to? Beyonce and Jay-Z for sure! I also loved the Justin Timberlake/Christina Aguilera show from back in the day!
- Number one travel destination in the world that you would like to visit? It’s hard to pick just one – Australia is #1 (Greece is a very close #2!)
- Who is your current celebrity crush? David Beckham always!
- 3 things on your bucket list? TRAVEL as much as possible, buy myself my first Chanel purse and have a happy and successful marriage