Current City: Calgary,Alberta Canada
Hometown: Calgary, Alberta Canada
“I like to create brands that help women to live their best lives, and to feel confident and look good while doing it!”
Hi Nadine! Thank you so much for being here! So glad we connected with each other. Tell me all about what you do.
Well, where do I begin, I am the owner of @luxexodotcom where I provide beauty essentials to queens and Goddesses. I started that business on July 1, 2017. In November 2017 I rebranded my page @enticethebrand from my creative writing page to a page where I talk business, personal development and spirituality. I have experience in various roles and industries and I want to help other bosses to create, build and grow their business.
I see you have a few businesses and brands that you’re currently working on. What motivated you to start, and how do you manage them all?
It all stems from the desire to help others. I know what it’s like to what to know something, do something or have something and not have a clue about where to go, what to do or how to start. I like to create brands that help women to live their best lives, and to feel confident and look good while doing it! Managing them all can feel overwhelming at times, but keeping a daytimer helps me to stay organized and on top of things.
Today’s age is all about ‘The Digital Age.’ With a powerful advertising platform such as Instagram, brands can reach a wider audience. In what ways do you think Instagram helps build your brand – Enticethebrand?
I think Instagram is brilliant! I’m a OG instgrammer, I downloaded the app just months after it had first launched. I wish I knew then what I know now!! I started my entire beauty brand by posting on Instagram. That’s what made @luxexodotcom feel real to me. And that’s where most of my web traffic comes from.
Besides Instagram, what other social media platforms do you use? Which platform do you find the most appealing for your brand?
It’s getting harder to keep up with social media. YouTube, Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook and Snapchat are social media networks I use. Twitter sees the least of me, I love Pinterest and I’m trying to get into using Facebook again.
Tell me about the most recent collaboration you’ve done. Are there any creatives in Canada (or outside the country) that you’d like to work with?
Currently I’m collaborating with @mocha_girl_beauty which is a beauty blog for melanated queens. We’re giving away 2 of the makeup palettes that I sell on www.luxexo.com the holiday palette and the haloglow palette. I would love to do a collab with @eeni_edits her cartoons are dope! I’m not exactly sure where she’s located. I have a great idea for a collab with her!
Who are your favorite Influencers/Creatives that inspire your work?
@GaryVee I call him the marketing wizard and I wish I could have been listening to him when I was in school. He’s always dropping gems! @OloriSwank @iamminglee and @jai_nice are 3 girl bosses that I’m always checking for. All of them are young, beautiful with successful businesses and their hustle is impeccable. All while still looking flawless! Definitely goals!
Tell me one thing that most people may not know about you.
I’m an introvert. Approaching people and public speaking are two things I try to avoid like the plague, this is one reason why I love social media!
Are there any projects you are working on, and/or upcoming events that we should know about?
Yes! I’m going to be starting a “Money Monday’s” series on @enticethebrand where I’ll be discussing various topics as it relates to the major topics I discuss on that page.
Before you go, I must ask – tell me about your modeling! You take beautiful photos. Modeling is something I’ve always enjoyed. It was a creative outlet for me. I enjoyed getting dressed up and being able to create art that way. I haven’t been doing it much these days, but I can’t pass up a good opportunity to make some art!
Do you have any short or long term goals for this year?
Short term goal is to launch the pixie cut collection for Luxe XO. Long term goal is to launch a skincare line for @luxexodotcom
Now let’s get a little more personal! Tell me your favorite:
- Instagram account you follow: @beautybosslab The execution of her graphics are flawless. I just love the entire vibe of her page! And the gems she drops! She knows her stuff!
- Dish you cook: Jerk Chicken, my family is from Jamaica and it’s one of my favorite foods!
- Band or music artist: I’m loving DVSN at the moment
- Restaurant in your neighborhood: Jerusalem Shawarma, it’s so addictive!
- Clothing boutique: I don’t actually have a favorite, I’m tall so I like a few different stores for different reasons, since it’s rare that I’m able to find everything I like in one place. If I had to pick one place though, I’d say Winners. It’s the Canadian version of Marshalls.
- Lipstick: NYX Intense butter gloss in blueberry tart
- Netflix show or movie: I just started watching limitless, I loved the movie and so far the series hasn’t disappointed!
And let’s get a little more personal, shall we:
- If you had the chance to meet and have lunch with anyone in the world, who would it be? Rihanna, first off, she’s team Pisces! She’s extremely talented, and super creative. I feel like we’d vibe together.
- How would you describe your best friend in 3 words? Loyal, Honest, Smart
- What is the last good book that you’ve read? There’s a few that come to mind, but my favorite is “feel the fear and do it anyways” by: Susan Jeffers
- What’s your favorite song on your current dance playlist? Higher Level – Vybz Kartel
- Name one place you want to travel to: Italy!!!
- Who is your male celebrity crush? See why you had to go do that now huh?! Lol! It would be Lance Gross, first of all he is fine! lol! Next I love how talented he is. His photography is breathtaking.
- 3 things on your bucket list? 1. Retire my mom 2. Get married on a beach 3. Become an angel investor