Current City & Hometown: Buffalo, NY
Hey Tai!! Thank you so much for being here! So glad we connected with each other. Tell me all about what you do.
I wear several hats but I pretty much love anything health & wellness. I’ve always been self-employed which is something I’ve really been grateful for. I’m a Licensed massage therapist and I also am a distributor for a couple amazing companies who make vegan and healthy products.
I love what your Instagram – especially T-shirt Tuesday. How did you get into blogging? What motivated you to start?
Blogging was something that I was always too shy to do but I found myself following some amazing bloggers and watching them grow. Seeing people grow is so exciting for me, but I noticed myself wanting to say things and share things with others, it actually kept me up at night. So, one night around 2:00 a.m I got the nerve to call Go Daddy and a very nice man helped me set up my domain…his name was Rain☺ (I’ll never forget) It all came together quickly.
Today’s age is all about ‘The Digital Age.’ With a powerful advertising platform such as Instagram, brands can reach a wider audience. In what ways do you think Instagram helps build your brand – Freckles Fashion and Flaws?
I say it all the time, Instagram has connected me to some absolutely amazing people and brands. I would’ve NEVER come in contact with a lot of them had it not been for Instagram. I’m someone who really takes my time and gets thoroughly nervous about moving forward with my passion projects and things that show more of who I am (I’m working on my confidence). I can’t tell you how Boss babes and guys have motivated me to just do it! My followers and people I follow have been great for my brand.
Besides Instagram, what other social media platforms do you use? Which platform do you find the most appealing for your brand?
I think there are pros and cons to social media but I am forever grateful to the ones who support me and encourage me. Besides Instagram, Tumblr and Pinterest are wonderful creative spaces where I get to share the things I love with the world without having to give my personal phone number out! LOL Right now Instagram is my favorite. It’s always so mind blowing when people tag me. For example, I love when people think of me and my #taistshirttuesdays, so they tag me and connect me to brands I may otherwise not have known about. Same goes for my love of chocolate chip cookies and my #cookiecrush videos, people tag me with bakeries I should try next.
Tell me about the most recent collaboration you’ve done. Are there any creatives in Buffalo (or outside of the city) that you’d like to work with?
I’ve been collaborating with Marissa (@riss_meesh), a very talented artist/graphic designer (she has lots of other talents too) on designing my very own T shirt line. I’m getting closer and closer to seeing my dream come true. Locally, I’d love to collab with Dose of Travel on a themed trip, maybe something chocolate chip-y;) There’s also some others that come to mind: @Neffiwalker, she’s like the goddess of all things the color black, TSOQ in Toronto because I live for the 2 gorgeous and very stylish owners. I’d also like to work with Cleo Wade, her words and work thus far leave me speechless and Jennifer Fisher, she makes the worlds best hoop earrings, and since my mother raised me to NEVER leave the house without earrings I’d love to design a pair of my own.
Who are your favorite Influencers/Creatives that inspire your work?
One of the very first Instagram accounts I started following was Sincerely Jules(@sincerelyjules). I watched her grow and have her own clothing line. She makes some of my most favorite T shirts, so I am really inspired by her and her brand. I also love TyLynn Nguyen(tylynnnguyen) . She’s not only gorgeous but she wears a lot of “hats”. She’s a wife, a mom, a model and designer. I like that her pieces are elegant and sexy. I own one of her T shirts and it’s my go to T.
Tell me one thing that most people may not know about you.
I’m a bit of a rebel. Like I’ll def have the opposite of what everyone else is having. I am outwardly a go with the flow person but I hate following the crowd! Also, I’m a super dork and I love anything anatomy & physiology related, which is probably why I decided to go back to school.
Are there any projects you are working on, and/or upcoming events that we should know about?
I do have a little secret project that I’m working on but it’s a secret. LOL I woke up about a month ago with a crazy little idea, so I’m currently executing it and will share it asap.
What is your most proud moment you have achieved as a Blogger and Digital Influencer?
The first thing that comes to mind is when Target’s blog shared my post and pics of me wearing the Victoria Beckham line. People could click on my pants or top and be directed to the Target site to shop it. That was awesome!
Do you have any short or long term goals for this year?
Short term I want to start waking up uber early, because I really am wide awake around 4:30 in the morning. So I want to get up and have a really specific routine: writing, exercising, reading and thinking. Long term I want to continue down this medical schooling path eventually ending up an NP while simultaneously growing my Freckles Fashion and Flaws brand to encompass my T shirts, cookies, and more.
Now let’s get a little more personal! Tell me your favorite:
- Instagram account you follow: @the_life_of_aivax is the most beautiful and whimsical pictures ever! And @walkinwonderland for fashion inspo, I love her style.
- Dish you cook: I make this mean green spicy and lime-y soup. It’s so good!
- Band or music artist: This is such a hard one cuz I love music and listen to everything. Drake, Beyonce(I’m dying to get tix for her OTR tour), Miguel, Majid Jordan, Syd, I could go on and on…Q Tip, Sade!
- Restaurant in Buffalo: Left Bank. It’s consistently delicious!
- Clothing boutique: I feel like my style has been leaning more towards minimal lately. Even though I love a touch of whimsy with accessories I’ve been gravitating to solid colors, so Naked Wardrobe has all the colors and minimal looks I love.
- Lipstick: Hourglass Confession Ultra slim lipsticks. The texture is so soft and the colors are great, but even more than that I LOVE the slim gold applicator. It’s so gorgeous and I feel like some kind of Femme Fatale when I’m putting it on.
- Netflix show or movie: Agatha Christie’s Poirot. I love a good “who done it” murder mystery. Add to that Art Deco style and you have me! The lead character Hercule Poirot cracks me up! He’s so particular and OCD and I can be like that too. When Netflix removed this series I literally cried. I would watch and re-watch every night to relax. I miss it, I’m a bit of an old British grandmother when it comes to my show choices.
And let’s get a little more personal, shall we:
- If you had the chance to meet and have lunch with anyone in the world, who would it be? Waris Ahluwalia (@houseofwaris), he’s just so interesting to me and I feel I’d learn so much. He does a lot for social justice, climate change, elephants and fashion. I feel like I’d just tell him to talk while I eat and it would be great! Also, Nicole Richie of @houseofharlow1960. She’s hilarious and she’s built a brand that I just can’t get enough of. I’d love to have lunch in her closet and play dress up. I just noticed how both my picks have House in their title…hmmm very interesting.
- How would you describe your best friend in 3 words? Patient, open, kind.
- What is the last good book that you’ve read? Originals: How Non-Conformists Move the World by Adam Grant. It’s so so good. I see things very differently after reading it.
- What’s your favorite song on your current dance playlist? Bazzi- Mine
- Name one place you want to travel to: Croatia! I’ve been dreaming to go here for so long now. I remember reading about it a long time ago and since then it seems like every travel magazine I pick up there’s something about Croatia. So I feel like it’s calling me.
- Who is your male celebrity crush? I have several but I’ll only give you 3: Jason Momoa, Michael B. Jordan and Kyrie Irving…they make me smile like an idiot.
- 3 things on your bucket list? 1-Take a big trip around the world to find the best chocolate chip cookie. 2- Have one of my T shirts from my line as part of the gift bags at an amazing event like Alicia Keys Keep a Child Alive Ball. 3- Take a trip on The Orient Express like Poirot did in Murder on the Orient Express. 4- I want Freckles Fashion and Flaws to be featured in a major magazine. (told you I was a rebel, I gave you 4 things instead of 3☺)